Umm Sulaym (may Allaah be pleased with her) accepted Al-Islaam and she mentioned that: “Abu Anas came after being away and he said: "You have become one who has no religion." She responded by saying: "I didn't, rather I believe in this man." She began to teach Anas, she would say to him: say: "Laa Ilaaha Illallaah", say "I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah". Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said it. His father said to her: "Don't corrupt my son." She would respond by saying: "Indeed I am not corrupting him."
Benefits from this:
1. The companions of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to command their children with the Tawheed of Allaah and the following of the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).
2. When a parent accepts Islaam, the parent should encourage the child/children to say the two testimonies of faith.
3. Refuting those who speak ill of Islaam.
4. Teaching Islaam does not corrupt the people, rather it brings about the rectification of the people.
5. The enemies of Islaam of the past seek to extinguish the light of Allaah with their mouths by speaking ill of Islaam and distorting the image of Islaam.
6. The enemies of Islaam today use the tactics, which they have learned from their evil predecessors, against the call of Islaam.
7. The command to save oneself and family from the hell-fire was being implemented by Umm Sulaym.
8. Umm Sulaym is one of the good examples from thr Sahaabiyyaat of a righteous mother.
Source: Siyar A'laam an-Nubalaa 2/305